Friday, August 29, 2008

inside moments

Parker Palmer:
"a leader must take special responsibility for what is going on inside him or herself
lest the act of leadership create more harm than good."

when able to claim our experiences as our own
and acknowledge the ways they have shaped us
then we are in a position to take responsibility for ourselves
rather than be driven by our unconscious patterns of manipulating
and controlling reality

most often our reactions are more connected to the past
than to what is actually going on in the present

one can only say to God
I recognize what I am now
and I am none other than what I am -
whatever it is that most needs to be done in my life
You will have to do ..........

in the realization that it is not about fixing
but about letting go
life is birthed
and freedom tasted

No comments: