Tuesday, February 12, 2008

extraordinary moment

every day is a good day
the very fact you wake up makes it a good day
but some days
are
so
very
tenderly
sweet
and
special

and today
is such a day

I had a meeting booked this morning
which in itself is not all that unusual
but as I deeply enjoy being with this person
I was particularly looking forward to our time together

there is a genuineness
and pure hunger
a humble strength
about this person

this is one who walks in a wide authority
while cloaked in humility

and today
this one surprised me
by coming with gifts

a book

two worship CD's

gentle and loving words written on a stunning card

and a figurine
of a person
bent over
eyes fixed on a carefully held babe

two hands almost entirely encircling fragile new life

the posture
the babe
the hands
the looking

silent stillness
quiet power

and my friend expressed
this was how I had cared
held
looked
listened
and sheltered
his heart
while life was being birthed
and nurtured

no ordinary day
this day

No comments: