Tuesday, December 05, 2006

stranger moment

there is a growing deepening sense
of being a stranger
that where I really belong
is somewhere else

a hearing of a louder and louder voice
calling
come away

and when I ask
where

the answer is always
with Me

there is a risk of following
into the unknown
and in this incredible vulnerability
a choosing
intentionally
deliberately
to make myself vulnerable
and walk in that vulnerability

and I recall the moment
when God told Moses
to throw down the one thing
he still held in his hand

nothing to offer
except my uselessness
and my choice to be with Him
the choice that no one but Him
is likely to put any value on

even when I have no stillness of my own
to bring to Him
I can be met by God
in His stillness

eventually that stillness
becomes part of me

No comments: