Saturday, December 31, 2005

p.s. moment

and in the marvelous ways of Almighty God
within moments of my posting the previous note
a friend who is staying with me
and who knew nothing of what I had just written
shared her morning reading
thanking me for touching her ...........

Touch, yes touch, speaks the wordless words of love.
We receive so much touch when we are babies and so little when we are adults.
Still in friendship, touch often gives more life than words.
A friend's hand stroking our back, a friend's arms resting on our shoulder, a friend's fingers wiping our tears away, a friend's lips kissing our forehead - these bring true consolation.
These moments of touch are truly sacred.
They restore, they reconcile, they reassure, they forgive, they heal.
Everyone who touched Jesus and everyone whom Jesus touched were healed.
God's love and power went out from him (Luke 6:19)
When a friend touches us with free. nonpossessive love, it is God's incarnate love that touches us and God's power that heals us.
Henri Nouwen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for dropping by our blog Andrea. We too are in Canada. Perhaps that's explains the Catherine Doherty connection. I must admit though that I am a little jealous. I've yet to have my first poustinia experience. The little ones have always seemed to need me instead.

I love the title of your blog and hope that we can share much in the future. So nice to "meet" you. God is good. Peace. :)