Thursday, February 23, 2006

resting moments

for the past four days and nights
I have camped in the midst
of the pastors of this region

I do not have the language
to describe this time
and wonder if I should even try

if I attempt to place words around the moments of these days
would that confine to those moments what all took place
or somehow define the timbre of God's voice

so I simply say
we went
we saw
tasted
heard
felt
touched
we returned

and none of us will ever ever be the same.

one of the most profound truths that emerged
is the desire of Almighty God
to find a resting place within each one of us

God
desires
to rest
in me
in you

Psalm 132:13,14
for the Lord has chosen Zion
He has desired it for his habitation
"this is my resting place forever
here I will dwell, for I have desired it"

here
I
will
dwell
for
I
have
desired
it

and how important then
is it for me
to be able to rest
to come to a place of stillness
to empty myself of all busyness
all striving
all the stuff of ministry

so that in my stillness
in my rest

my God
may find His place of rest
within me

this is so huge
not something I can yet truly comprehend

how is it
that the Creator
would desire
yearn
long for
want earnestly
ask for
to rest
in me
one of His created

the majesty of that truth
has touched me in such a way
that I have been reshaped by it

the fingerprints of that desire
have indelibly marked
my heart
and my life

No comments: