Monday, February 27, 2006

sobornost moment

I have been getting calls and mail
from those desiring to understand sobornost
what it means
where and how to find it

I confess to still seeking, learning, discovering
and so request that much grace be extended
as I try to wrap words around
this cry that is heard deep in the heart of my Lord

sobornost
when the will of man lifts itself above itself and flows into the will of God
and the will of God returns to man

sobornost
the expression of a humble heart

sobornost
demands risk
because it leads us to unplumbed depths
and unknown heights

the greatest wound a human soul can experience is the lack of unity with Christ
when a soul is not united with Christ’s soul it is fragmented

this unity is deeply hidden in the heart of God and given to man as a total gift

it is a mystery only pierced by praying to God
listening to His voice
and doing His will

sobornost
when we hold each other’s heart
turn to one another
and blend with each other in the heart of Christ

sobornost
a deep relationship which begins by being absorbed by God
when I put my head in my heart
prostrate myself and listen
allowing my soul to gaze upon the Lord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deeply the aloneness so uniquely etched upon His face
the Lord God breathed
a silent cry rising from within

unmindful of path or hour I began to wander
unbearable ache within my heart
worn and forlorn
I wandered towards my Lord

the silent scream of my heart’s angst pierced the solitude

I cried
where are you my love
where are you

His foot steps were easy to see as I placed my feet one by one
where He has walked

I noted the blood
is it His
is it mine
does it matter

my feet are wedded to this path and my heart to the One who said
I am the way

the cross was before me and I saw those already bending over to pick up the nails

as the stones of my emotions were hurled at me by Satan
and the mocking laughter enshrouded me
I could only enter the realm of pure faith

His hand suddenly pulled me to Himself and I was immersed in His love
His peace
do you love me, He asks
do you love me

my spirit melted in the fire of His Presence and became one with Him
as my resurrected Lord became the indwelling Christ

No comments: