Friday, August 04, 2006

manna moments

I have been spending many moments in the poustinia this season
well nourished by the manna
that is new every morning


your task is simple, walk with Me
retrace the steps down the cobbled road of your life
let Me refresh the weariness of your defeated days

return where you come from changed
no longer at ease as you were before

bend down low sad daughter
bend down and drink
I am the water of the well

My pulpit is a hillside
My congregation a woman at a well

so many die
before they learn to live

in every man there lies a zone of solitude
that no human intimacy can fill
it is there one encounters God

one is always looking
perhaps finding is simply looking further

to large groups of people
Christianity has become synonymous with a temple service
and that is precisely why other large groups of people
decline to touch it

faith is the courage to accept acceptance
live in the wisdom of accepted tenderness

fall into God
trust in Him in the midst of my life
into His heart I entrust my heart

the way of trust
is a movement into obscurity
waiting for God to act
in the desert of the moment

whisper a doxology in the darkness

only the love of Someone
who has drunk the dregs
of my cup of pain
is believable

the sheer gratuity of grace
rustles like refreshing rain
on the parched ground of pharasaical piety

Jesus Christ - the unsetting Son

the voice of God
causes the lands of the desert to rejoice

it is hard to be silent
it is hard to stop and know God in the quiet
but it is there I get my peace
to come through whatever hits me

the Voice somewhere deep down whispers
all is well and all will be well

hear the sounds of the trumpets
and the ringing of the bells
go where I go
out into the world of lonely people

all the unspoken words of affection
may never be spoken
if you do not speak them today

today
I am held silently against the heart of God








No comments: