Wednesday, February 09, 2011

words moment

words are so important to me
words are alive
filled with color
sound
touch

words are filled with life
or filled with death

can bring hope
or despair

when our words are mistreated
mishandled
not respected
guarded
and properly cared for

there is an abuse that takes place
and because our words are the overflow of our hearts
the abuse is to the heart

I have never before seen this quite so clearly

these words
I post in a public forum
are vulnerable

words sent in an email

words spoken in confidence

words simply spoken in passing

words ..........

each word contains a tiny fragment of who I am

and now the question
do I stop sharing my words
do I listen to the whisper of fear

what do I do with all the words tumbling around inside me

No comments: