Friday, March 02, 2007

believe moment

I still believe in the church
where sinful men are helped by sinful men

I believe in an authority
that stoops to wash a poor man's feet

I believe in a banquet
where sinners learn to love
eating in company with their God

I believe in man
fashioned in mystery by God

I believe in a joy
that no threat of man can take away

I believe in a peace
that I know in moments
and seek with boldness

I believe in a life that lingers after this
a life fashioned by God for His friends

I believe in understanding
in forgiveness
in mercy
in faith

I believe in friendship

I believe in eternity
and the hope it affords

I believe in God
Who is good

I believe in Christ
who is the light in the story

I believe in the Spirit
Who brings chaos into order

I believe in the God of Abraham
Isaac
and
Jacob
and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ

No comments: