Thursday, March 01, 2007

door moment

the prayer of quiet

the greatest dream a heart can hold
is to be a keeper of the door
a servant in the house

so many blind ones
with outstretched grasping hands
feeling for a door
knowing there must be a door
yet never finding it
so I stand by the door
ready to take hold of one of those blind grasping hands

people die outside the door
others live on the other side of it
because they found it
opened it
walked in
and found Him
so I stand by the door

there is a need too
to watch for those who are frightened
by what they see and hear inside
and would like to run away
for them too
I stand by the door

if I should go in too deeply
and stay in too long
I might forget the people outside the door

thus my place
near enough to God to hear Him
and know He is there
but not so far from others
so as not to hear them
and remember they are there too

so I stand by the door
a servant in the house

No comments: