Sunday, May 04, 2008

lament moment

do you hear the sound of my broken heart
do you taste the salt of my tears
do you feel the groan of my grief
do you see the emptiness of my arms
do you touch the depths of my despair

this pain is mine
but more than mine

it is a mother heart pain
the pain of all mothers missing their sons
not knowing
aching
yearning
drowning

in the winter of their lives
some needing to ask forgiveness
some needing to receive forgiveness

sons who are lost
sons who are missing
sons given away
sons stolen, gripped by darkness

can you hear me

do you not know of this wrenching ache in my spirit

am I to sorrow alone

how long is my song to be sung in a minor key

this is my lament Lord

hear my cries
heal the land of my sick heart

and yet

I
choose
to
worship
you


and in my choosing
I now understand it is not even my cry

it is yours

WHERE ARE MY SONS?

No comments: