Wednesday, May 10, 2006

ah moment

unaware of the fragile and delicate state
of my present status in my fellowship
a friend called this morning
asking if I would assist him with something

when I hesitatingly explained
that sadly I was in transition
his immediate response was

"ah! transition - the most difficult part of labour"

and those simple words
have filled me with hope
and excitement

labour can be endured
knowing it will produce life

two days ago my joy returned
and now
I feel an approaching new life ........

my prayers are only
that this impending birth
will be received by clean hands

not hands that are sterile
but hands that are clean
and intertwined
with a pure heart

2 comments:

Hogie said...

I am glad your strength has returned. :~) Nehemiah 8:10

Andrea said...

it has been a loooooooong time coming but worth the wait! ::)