Thursday, May 25, 2006

tender moments

and so
my lovely Jesus
did have plans for yesterday ......

just before noon
came the unexpected
but welcome phone call

a hurting, puzzled couple
asking if I could spend some moments
with them

we had a coffee
and another
as they shared

their world
in a disturbingly familiar turmoil

after a bit
double chocolate moo-lattes in hand
we went to the river's edge

where eventually
the pain
of the boy
who had grown into the man
was released

there is always safety in the truth
whether it be knowing God's truth
or knowing the truth about yourself

peace came with the understanding
calm came with the insight
hope came with the truth

the goliath on the inside
identified

at one point
this gentle man asked
how I could be so content
with all that was going on in my life

I thought a bit
and then shared
that my contentment was found
in a towel
rather than a title

and these were good moments
to be with Jesus
and His friends

No comments: