Thursday, May 11, 2006

tulip moment















Scott said,
Andrea, have you looked at a tulip?

so one day I looked at a tulip
it was near the end of its season

what once had stood tall and proud
now a little wilted

the color

once vibrant and glorious
now slightly faded

the leaves

once strong and green
now hung limply

the stem

once supporting the birth of spring
now dejected

slightly bowed

I looked again

the petals

each one an individual
each one so beautiful
each one so gently curved

standing so close at the base
striving to join at the top
protecting that inside

I peered into this still living cup
and saw the stamen
in all its strength

as I leaned closer
the petals all fell

I held this stamen
and was surprised to note
it was made of three

three so intimately connected
they could not be separated
they were three in one

I noted the very top of this stamen
had a shape to it

it was the Cross

the tulip
created by Him
showing us again Who He Is

No comments: