Monday, May 01, 2006

a thump moment














this was very much to be a doing weekend
but I took a moment
during the very early morning of Sunday
just to be

with coffee in hand
I slipped away to the dock

there was a heavy foggy mist
blanketing everything in its hush

the air was crisp
the water perfectly still

the steam from my coffee
mingled with and became lost in the fog

it was lovely just to sit
just to be

suddenly
there was a heavy thump beside me
a heron had silently arrived
and now stood quietly at my side

and I thought about my Jesus
about how He silently arrives
to stand quietly at our side

the fog of the circumstances might not change
but there is such comfort
in the knowing
there is One quietly standing at your side

and I thought about the weight of His Presence

there are times
you just know
He is with you

and there are times
you actually feel the weight of His Presence

the thump of the landing heron
I did not see or hear him coming
he said not a word
and never moved

but the thump let me know he was beside me
and together we waited for the dawn
and the warmth of the sun

and only when the fog had lifted
and everything was filled with light
did he leave

No comments: