Thursday, January 11, 2007

friend moment

today I prepare to say goodbye to a friend
a friend who has been by my side for many, many years
a friend who has been faithful
a friend who is always there, whether it be in the middle of the night or the middle of the day
a friend who vibrates quietly and who marches in loud power
a friend who is always willing to speak, but can only be heard when united with another
a friend who has seen my children grow and leave
a friend who has heard my cries and my laughter
a friend who has taught me about sounds and demonstrated submission to being stretched taut to enable purity of sound
a friend who loves to be touched
a friend who sits quietly, waiting

I will miss my friend
this friend who never complains when I sing off key
or miss a note
or is impatient during the sometimes long birthing process of a song

I pray my friend will always be loved
will be treated with respect
will be honored and cared for

I will miss my friend

1 comment:

myrrha said...

Dear Friend...
Although I do not know the answer to your riddle... my guess? A piano?
:)
Or some musical instrument?
May your good-bye be blanketed in good memories.