Thursday, June 22, 2006

disorienting moments

it recently dawned on me that
I might have to change my inner thought patterns
start believing possibilities that I wouldn't have allowed before
that I had been closing creativity down to a very narrow, controllable scale
that things had become too familiar
and I might have to disorient myself

we try so hard to keep the waters of our lives still
keep the sand settled on the bottom
but when we are faced with an obstacle
maybe what we need to do is release our careful grip
and allow ourselves to be disoriented

behind the facade of the familiar
strange things await us

familiarity enables us to tame
control
and ultimately forget the mystery

1 comment:

myrrha said...

Andrea; I pray greater release of all things creative in you! Your words inspire creativity in me.
God, the ULTIMATE Creator; is endless in ideas! Be fearless!!