Wednesday, March 08, 2006

day eight moment

Matthew 26:56
"then all the disciples left Him and fled"

and my prayer for this day is:
Jesus, nail my heart to your feet

Jesus touches the face of Judas saying
"friend, do what you came to do"

religion is always found at the very front of the mob
and the mob always gathers under the cover of darkness

Judas recoils, confused by the permission to betray

the disciples, stunned, shocked

Peter slices the air and an ear with his sword
his weapon of choice

Jesus kneels and restores
then looks into the eyes of his friends
searching for a sign they understand
that they realize this is the way it must be

it is the priests who give the order to grab and bind

then it is his friends
every
single
one
who leave him and run away

once again
he is alone

although used to solitude
this time is very different
this time
it is the end

and I ponder what it is to be alone
truly alone
no one to call
no place to go
abandoned by those I love

Jesus must walk through this valley of shadows alone

and I feel the pain of his abandonment in my gut

it is the cross that carved the love of this man Jesus on my heart

nail my heart to your feet, Jesus.

No comments: