Monday, March 13, 2006

lessons learned moment

two things I learned Sunday
yesterday ......

one - never put off cleaning your oven
two- the beauty of receiving a touch

Saturday afternoon
while thinking of our Sunday gathering 'round the table
and baking the bread for communion
I noted my oven needed cleaning .......
but thinking that no one but me would see it
planned to deal with this particular monster later .......

as it turned out
I was not able to be around my own table
and it was others who saw my dirty oven .............

and it was still others
who literally held my hand for hours
rubbed my feet
sang over me
prayed for me
during the medical efforts
to ease the effects of the earthquake in my body

I have known now for a long time
the beauty in being able to touch
but now I know the life that is birthed
when receiving a touch

and so
although somewhat different
I learned much in "church" yesterday

No comments: